Sunday, 30 March 2014

Sensational Sundays At Loves Rubberstamps


Happy Mothers Day! I really hope you all have a great one. True to form my husband and little ones are up in my craft making my card...lol. That is why I do call Will 'Last Minute Larry'. 

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!

I started by cutting a piece of watercolour card that would completely cover my card front. Using Archival Black Ink I stamped the castle from Lawn Fawns - Critters Ever After in the centre of my card.


Using Distress Inks in Weatherd Wood, Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters and Victorian Velvet I coloured in the castle with the use of a water brush. 


Putting the colour around the edges of the image and using water to drag the colour in adds great shadow tones. 


Finally using Lawn Fawn - Milo's ABCs I then added the sentiment with the same black ink.


Thanks for popping by!

Hugs Lydia xxx

Now Visit each of the Design Team Ladies to see their amazing projects...leave comments along the way for more chances to be our blog candy winner! 

Loves Rubberstamps Inspiration Blog
Dangina
Joni
Nina
Nikki
Lydia - that's me

Blankina


12 comments:

jonim52 said...

Fabulous CAS card! Very cute.

Nikki said...

Pretty card. Love the image and colour combination.

Nikki

Laura Love said...

Ok Seriously...HOW DO YOU DO IT?? Your CAS cards are TOOOOO CUTE!! This is adorable and I really love your coloring with distress inks! Looks awesome!

Athina said...

Happy Mother's Day Lydia! I love the watercolor effect. Beautiful card and I hope you enjoy your day!

Bill Ali said...

Love the simplicity of your card and the freshness, especially with the watercolour paper

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Happy Mother's Day, this is so adorable and I love the image and the colors you used together.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is just so sweet! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

ionabunny said...

Love your CAS card. So sweet

Debs said...

I love your work you rock

vinita jain said...

Adorable CAS style card, soft and beautiful.

Marcy said...

Beautiful card and so cute for a new home card! Loving the look of that water color technique!:)

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Oh my, I love that castle!! tfs Patricia B