Saturday, 29 March 2014

Uniko Challenge


I was so inspired by the ever-so-talented Joni Nina Andaya with her gorgeous card here, that I had to have a little go myself. 


I used the colour palette from Uniko Studio as this week I finally purchased one the their sets. I had been eyeing up a couple of their sets for a while but when I come across this sentiment set with what looked like too me quite be sentiments priced at just £4.95, I thought what have a got to lose so I went for it. It arrived the very next day (super serivce), came packaged beautifully in a dvd like hard case and the stamps themselves were a LOT bigger than I have imagined... LOVE!!! They are fabulous ... I have used the smallest on my card today and the others are bigger I can tell you these are going to get a lot of use :) 


I used watercolour pencils and a waterbrush to create the blooms and used the blue and green palette from Uniko but also added a splash of yellow. 


As I wanted by card layer to be flat but also wanted a gold sentiment, I dug out my gold guilding flakes - these are the beauties that started my gold addiction and I now what to make some more use of them. 


By the way the stamp set I used is All Occasion Sentiments #2.... oh did I mention that they are awesome ;) 

Well that's it from me have a great night!

Hugs Lydia xxx

6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, I love it.

Beverley said...

Hi Lydia, stunning water coloured blooms & the sentiment works perfectly with them. So happy to hear you love the stamps & thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

Laura Elliot said...

This is beautiful Lydia. I adore your amazing water coloured flowers. The sentiment chosen works perfectly with it too. Well done xx

Gillian R said...

This is so beautiful, you water colouring is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining in the Uniko Challenge

Ren-Yi said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the gold accent for the sentiment, and those flowers are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

Nicki S said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I'm so impressed with the water coloring! LOVE the gold sentiment! Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio challenge!