Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Dazzling Diva Challenge #19


Hello and happy Wednesday, today is the start of a new challenge over at Add A Little Dazzle and this week inspiration is...


Sequins!!! I love to use sequins on my projects so this challenge is right up my street... but remember if this isn't for you you can always go 'Anything Goes' and still link up your project to be in with winning the prize. 


I decided to make a sequin shaker card as these seem to be all the rage at the moment. Firstly I cut a piece of patterned card stock to completely cover the front of my card and then die cut a speech bubble it in using Lawn Fawns Large Stitched Journaling Card extras. 


I then made the stacked 'hello' die cut using Lawn Fawns 'Scripty Hello', this time only using two white cardstock 'hello's' and one cut from Golden Glimmer AALD Craft Metal ( AALD boutique link in sidebar) to add to the top. As I also wanted this to move freely in my shaker I made it thinner than I usually do. 


I added foam tape on the back of the patterned paper around the speech bubble, added my stacked 'hello' and added a few gold sequins and then added a piece of white card to create the shaker. 


Please go over to the Add A Little Dazzle blog and take part, there is fab package up for grabs. Also don't forget to check out my fellow teamies and take a peek at the gorgeous projects they came up with. Also also don't forget to stock up on the Add A Little Dazzle metal sheets from the store so you too can join me on the journey of metal crafting perfection.

Hugs Lydia xxx

3 comments:

Monica Weaver said...

Lydia, I love your card. Thanks so much for your beautiful creations and all you do as a design team member. You are greatly appreciated!

Gail said...

Lydia, I NEVER thought about sequins. If I hadn't been cruising the pictures in your blog, I'd have never thought of them even now. This is a fabulous idea and I'd like to do something similar with a shaker card adding sequins. The small tiny glass beads get too full of static and annoy the heck out of me. The sequins might be easier to de-static with a dryer sheet or something before putting them in the shaker. I really love your card and idea. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Gail

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Okay - so I need to stop looking through your gorgeous creations or I will never get any work done.
I love, love, love this!